THE MANAGEMENT STAFF OF THE NOGUERA RESTAURANT HEREBY NOTIFY:
In our restaurant’s long career, we have always placed top priority on the health and welfare of our customers. Every season, we make investments to improve the services, facilities and the menu. Accordingly faced with COVID-19, we have the proper preparations to follow all the hygiene and health care measures that have been proposed by the competent authorities such as the World Health Organization (WHO).
Likewise, we have gone one step further and have appointed a Risks Management Committee to define the best strategies and decision making processes with the aim to minimize the hygienic-health risks against COVID-19. This Committee, together with the Management Staff of the Noguera Restaurant, have prepared the protocol to be followed where a series of specific measures and recommendations have been established for the customers, employees and suppliers of our restaurant.
We recommend that our customers thoroughly read these recommendations before visiting the Noguera Restaurant.
DIRECT ACCESSES TO THE SECTIONS
MANAGEMENT STAFF AND MANAGEMENT
- The Contingency Plan with specific measures to reduce the infection risks based on the modification of the risks evaluation with a query to the employees.
- The risk evaluation and safety and health protocols with the intervention of the risk delegates.
- Risk Management Committee which assumes the task of defining the strategies and making the decisions to minimize the hygiene-health risks due to COVID-19.
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE: FUNCTIONS
- Establish the objectives.
- Stipulate the mechanisms to make the best decisions.
- Establish the coordination between the Committee and the employees, competent authorities in each matter, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Identify the risks, taking into consideration the nature of the hotel. The external Labour Risks Prevention Service (Quirón Prevención) has supervised this evaluation based on the “Action procedure of labour risks prevention services against exposure to SARS-COV-2” prepared by the Ministry of Health.
- Analyse and make conclusions.
- Design the required protection measures and compile them in a Contingency Plan.
- Plan, implement and supervise the Contingency Plan, assessing its effectiveness and making the required modifications based on the de-escalation phases and the health care requirements at all times.
- Assume responsibility for the prevention training of their employees against COVID-19 and analyse the training needs of the professional staff according to the prevention information updates which will be generated.
The Risk Management Committee is comprised by the management staff and the heads of each premises’ area.
- The Contingency Plan is communicated to the employees for its proper implementation and maintenance.
- The Suppliers and customers are directly informed of the measures which affect them and which they must apply, such as the use of masks, hand washing, safety distance, etc.
- The Customer is informed of the service conditions and the prevention measures established prior to his/her arrival for his/her acceptance.
- Posters are displayed in the premises with the preventive measures implemented and the guidelines to be followed by the customers and in at least one foreign language.
- Physical instructions to respect the safety distance with markings/signs or alternative measures (reception, entrances and exits to the restaurant, etc.)
- Information about the nearby health care centres and hospital, as well as the emergency telephones: 900 300 555.
- The external service providers are informed of the applicable prevention measures
- The tasks and work processes guarantee the safety distance established by the health care authorities. This involves:
- Physical layouts of work posts.
• Work shifts.
• Organization of people transit routes.
• Space distributions (furniture, hallways, shelves, etc.)
• Capacity and resources in staff dressing rooms.
- Internal meetings.
- We evaluate the presence of groups vulnerable to COVID-19 in the work environment and we determine the specific safety measures for these personnel.
- We provide the means to take the body temperature from a distance.
- We have an individual time control device which we disinfect after each use with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- We ensure the proper protection of the employees by providing resources and time for hand washing with soap and water and if this is not possible, the use of an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- We provide the proper Individual Protection Equipment (IPE) with prior evaluation by the company responsible for labour risks prevention.
- In the case of having to subcontract any service, we demand that the main company supervises that the personnel are equipped with the required IPE.
- The facility use regulations are established and communicated in which the work is performed and the shared spaces to maintain the safety distance (e.g. in lifts, canteens, toilets, accesses, common zones, dressing rooms, etc.)
- On a daily basis, we ventilate the different areas of the hotel.
CONTENTS OF THE CONTINGENCY PLAN
- Possibility to modify the processes focused on the decision making if necessary.
- Assignment of responsibilities in the risk management.
- Provision of human and material resources, including Individual Protection Equipment (IPE), prior labour risks evaluation without detriment of that stipulated in this regulation and in the legislation applicable to labour risks prevention.
- It contains the details and implementation of the action protocol in the case that an employee or customer shows symptoms compatible with COVID-19 following the risks prevention directives from the health care authorities and reviewing the cleaning and disinfection protocols of the potentially contaminated surfaces.
- Details of the supervision of the compliance with the recommendations and guidelines issued by the health care authorities in relation to the special measures against COVID-19 both by the employees and the customers, as well as the additional measures contained in the contingency plans resulting from the risks analysis.
STAFF UNIFORMS AND TRAINING
- In all the activities, the interpersonal safety distances are respected as well as control of capacities approved by the Health Care Authorities for each de-escalation phase. In their absence, required protection means and equipment are guaranteed.
- A cleaning method and its frequency have been established for each type of staff uniform.
- The premises will clean the linen and each employee will wash their own work clothing. Hence the clothing will only be used during the workday and it will be transported in a closed bag if the staff take it to their home. In the case that its cleaning cannot be treated at over a temperature over 60ºC, the employee shall proceed to proper disinfection and its subsequent ironing at a high temperature.
- The training requirements of the hotel and restaurant professionals will be analysed in the Management Committee to reinforce them according to the legislation in force in the labour risks prevention matter and shall be properly registered (e.g. use and maintenance of individual protection equipment [IPE]).
FACILITIES FOR THE STAFF USE
- The use of the canteen and the break room are regulated. Capacities have been established as well as measures that make it possible to safeguard the minimum safety distance and optimum hygiene condition.
- In the dressing rooms and toilets, in addition to implementing the pertinent measures to maintain the safety distance or the capacity, the cleaning measures will be reinforced.
- The street clothing must be stored in a plastic bag or garment bag so that there is no contact between the street clothing and the work clothing.
- The persons who travel with their own vehicles can arrive wearing the work uniform.
PROTECTION MEASURES FOR THE STAFF
- The Staff know the designed Contingency Plan and their responsibilities in their work post and in the framework of the risk management.
- The Staff have clear and intelligible information as well as specific training.
- The Staff know that they must prevent greeting with physical contact and respect the safety distance. Masks will be used in the cases in which the specific procedure of the work post and the risks evaluation thus determine and in the cases in which it is not possible to respect the safety distance. And said mask will be disposed as well as other personal hygiene rubbish upon concluding its useful lifespan in the waste container according to the manufacturer instructions in the containers which have been placed for this purpose and equipped with non-manual operation.
- The Staff have instructions to thoroughly wash their hands after sneezing, blowing their nose, coughing or touching potentially contaminated surfaces (money, documents, etc.)
- The Staff have instructions to frequently disinfect the items of personal use (glasses, mobile phones, etc.) with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser or with soap and water when this is feasible, as well as the work post elements (computer screen, keyboard, mouse, etc.).
- For said electronic equipment, specific products will be provided to the staff for application with a cloth or special disinfecting wipes.
- Cleaning and disinfection guidelines have been established for equipment which is shared among several persons between each individual use by the premises.
- The Staff have instructions to wear their hair up, avoid wearing rings, bracelets, earrings or similar items as well as wear clean clothing daily.
- A maximum capacity of the reception zone is established and the measures required ensuring the social distancing between the customer and employees. This capacity will be limited to a single room. And when social distancing is not possible, the Staff shall be equipped with hygienic mask and a protective screen located in the reception zone.
- The lobby and reception zone shall be equipped with alcohol-based hand sanitiser, tissues for single use for the customers and a rubbish bin with pedal to dispose of the waste.
- The advertising brochures and newspapers will be eliminated and all required information will be placed in display cases visible for the customers.
- Prevent sharing pens and in the case of using one, disinfect them after their use.
- There are distance markings/signs to prevent crowding and ensure the minimum safety distance.
- The payment with credit card and other electronic means is encouraged. Applicable to all the accommodation services.
- The POS terminal is disinfected after each use.
- The cleaning of the counter shall be done at least once a day and always considering the influx of customers.
- The keys or cards, if they exist, shall be sprayed with a disinfecting solution after each use if they are deposited in reception.
- The keyboard, screen, telephone and other elements used by the receptionist, shall be disinfected at the start and end of each work shift, using individual use headphones if possible.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser is available at the entrances of the three floors of the building.
- A non-contact thermometer is available to make the proper verifications in the case of customers with symptoms compatible with COVID-19 if requested.
- In the case of transporting luggage, it is carried out in safety conditions by using disposable gloves and/or disinfecting wipes to clean the luggage.
- The staff of the floor and cleaning area shall not enter to provide service in the rooms while the customer remains in their interior, except for a justified cause. Likewise, the guest must authorize the cleaning and the frequency of cleaning in his/her room.
SPECIFIC REQUISITES IN FLOORS AREA
- The floors area uses Individual Protection Equipment (IPE) according to each situation.
- The minimum type of recommended equipment includes:
- Disposable/reusable nitrile gloves(adapted to the jobs to be performed)
- Hygienic mask for breathing protection. Unless the situation requires greater protection.
- Having concluded the cleaning and after disposing the gloves, the cleaning staff performs complete hand hygiene with soap and water.
RESTAURANT AND CAFETERÍA
- We encourage advance reservation to guarantee greater control of the capacities. Likewise, we attempt to acquire the customer’s contact telephone and e-mail as a control measure against possible infection.
- We aim to reduce the customer’s handling and intervention to prevent the risk of infection. Hence, we have replaced the breakfast buffet with a breakfast menu.
- The customer must wait for the waiter to accompany him/her to the table. In this way, we guarantee that the customer has a table and chairs which have been cleaned and disinfected after the use of the previous customer. As well as the proper control of the capacity.
- The tables shall not be prepared to prevent their contamination by the transit of other customers at the time of the clientele’s arrival.
- We will eliminate or limit the elements or common use devices and other decorative elements to the maximum. Hence the waiters or the kitchen staff shall assist in the seasoning of salads or similar tasks.
- We shall eliminate the menus for common use which do not permit their cleaning or proper hygienic treatment after their use. Hence the customers shall have individual tablecloths with a single use on which they can find our food, beverage and dessert menu. The daily menu will be displayed on a blackboard visible to the public, as well as the recommendations not included in the menu. We also provide a QR Code to query our menu and we are in the process of digitalizing our menu to encourage the query and reservations through our web page.
- A predefined itinerary is suggested to prevent crowding and prevent the clientele’s contact with the premises’ entrance and exit zones with markings/signs on the floor and vertical reinforcements.
- We remind our customers, employees and suppliers of the hygienic-health care recommendations with posters for our prevention safety.
- The service staff of the room shall wear a hygienic mask in the customer service. In the same way, we shall make sure to respect -as much as possible- the safety distance with the clientele and apply the hygiene and prevention procedures required to prevent the risk of infection.
- In the degree possible, we ensure that the auxiliary elements for the service are locked and stored.
- We will encourage payment with credit card or similar methods and the POS terminal will be disinfected after its use. Cash will be deposited on a tray or similar item to prevent the direct contact with the service waiter staff.
- The room service shall be limited to what is strictly necessary.
- The waiter will use gloves and mask to access the room both to serve and to remove the service.
- All the tableware material (including the trays and plate covers) shall be hygienically treated by dishwashers or equivalent devices.
- A protocol must be defined for the removal of the wastes which shall be conveniently communicated to the customer.
- The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point System (HACCP) is kept updated according to the COVID-19 context.
- Although once more, we insist that frequent hand washing and disinfection as well as the use of hygienic masks are required.
- The receipt of goods will be the most critical prevention point. Hence, suppliers cannot access the premises and they will have a doorbell to announce their arrival and a table with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser on which they will deposit the goods.
- The goods shall be cleaned and disinfected before proceeding to their subsequent storage.
- The zones are defined where events may be celebrated, according to their risk analysis and the authorization which the competent authority permits based on the existing phase in the area.
- The sites where the event will be celebrated will be ventilated at least two hours previously to guarantee the regulations.
- The events will be designed and planned in such way that the capacities can be controlled and the minimum safety distances between people will be respected in their reception and at the end of the event. If it is not possible to maintain the safety distance, masks must be used.
- The maintenance staff will enter the room when the customer is absent, except for a justified cause.
- The staff are protected with the defined Individual Protection Equipment (IPE) and must be equipped with gloves and a hygienic mask at minimum.
- Once the repair has been performed, the staff will disinfect their hands and dispose of the defined IPE.
- In the exceptional case of having to perform a repair with the customer inside, it will be necessary to insist that the customer use a mask.
- Prevent any physical contact (greetings, delivery of delivery notes, etc.).
- The AC/Heating system will be periodically inspected, especially for the cleaning of spaces.
- There will be up-to-date maintenance of the domestic hot water (DHW) and cold water for human consumption (CWHC) systems. As well as their maintenance, monthly and daily inspection.
- Likewise, the normal external and internal maintenance of the premises will continue.
- We have reduced the linen in the room, the decoration items and the amenities in accordance with the defined Contingency Plan.
- We provide a bathroom rubbish bin with cover, double bag and non-manual operation. There is also a rubbish bin with a cover and double bag which will be placed on the balconies and terraces of the rooms to help to reduce the viral load (if it exists).
- The blankets and pillows must be protected.
- Upon the customer’s departure, the hair dryer is cleaned, if it exists (including the filter).
- The clothes hangers will be disinfected upon the customer’s departure or they can be provided in a sealed way.
- The ironing service will be limited.
- We have eliminated the room’s rubbish bin, the room information sheet, which is recycled for each individual customer. And we will provide this information with a QR code which is connected to our web page so that the customer may query it. We guarantee to the customer that the information sheet or rubbish bin located in their room will be for their single and exclusive use.
COMMON ZONES: GENERAL TERMS
- The capacities of the different common spaces are defined.
- The premises have alcohol-based hand sanitiser in the transit sites and the facilities with an intensive use by customers (such as the toilet entry and exit).
- The toilets for common use are equipped with soap and paper dispenser as well as hand dryers. As well as an alcohol-based hand sanitiser to clean the toilet basin for greater safety.
- We also have rubbish bins with non-manual operation and double bag in their interior.
- We repeatedly inform with posters and markings/signs on the floor the recommendation to maintain the safety distance between customers.
- The paper, gel and soap dispensers are periodically cleaned and inspected according to their use.
- The maximum capacity of the lifts is limited and the customers will be informed when applicable.
- We remind that the use of masks is mandatory.
- Nevertheless, we recommend the preferential use of the stairways and the capacity of the lift is limited to the occupants of the same room.
- We have alcohol-based hand sanitiser in the facility, rubbish bin with pedal for single use when this facility is in use.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
- We have increased the frequency of the cleaning and inspections especially in the zones with higher contact (surfaces, doorknobs, sinks, faucet fittings, levers, lifts, reception counter, doors, room keys/cards, telephones, remote controls, WC flush button, protection barriers, AC/Heating control, hair dryer, timetable control sheets, rails, minibar, clothes hangers, etc.).
- Likewise, we have adjusted the cleaning and disinfection measures to the characteristics and intensity of the premises’ use, paying special attention to the zones for common use (above all, toilets) and the most frequent contact surfaces.
- We perform the daily natural ventilation of the zones for common use which have contained customers until we have ensured the complete renewal of the air. Likewise, always when time permits, we will leave the doors open in almost the entire premises during the workday to ensure the proper ventilation.
- We use disinfectant and hygienic products authorized by the Ministry of Health and based on the product use recommendations. The products’ safety labels and information are compiled in the Contingency Plan.
- The cleaning carts will be cleaned on a daily basis after each use.
- The rubbish bin collection of the common zones will be performed in safety conditions, where the bags will remain sealed and transferred to the waste collection point.
- We keep a daily record of the performed cleaning works.
- The criteria defined in the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point System (HACCP) will be applied and updated according to the COVID-19 context.
- The premises refer to the reduction of hygienic-health risks against COVID-19 in the hotel and restaurant services.
- The dirty linen must be collected, placed in a bag and closed until its treatment in the laundry.
- The dirty linen will not be shaken.
- We will not leave the bedsheets on the floor.
- After handling the dirty linen, the staff will wash their hands.
- The dirty linen will be washed at a temperature above 60ºC and when this temperature is not possible, it will be properly disinfected and hygienically treated as well as subjected to ironing at a high temperature.
ROOM CLEANING AFTER THE CUSTOMER DEPARTURE
- It will be performed specifically according to the defined frequency for the category:
- Ventilation of the room.
- Replacement of the hotel towels and linen whose shaking will be prevented.
- The linen will be removed from the bed and cushions along with their fluid protectors.
- Cleaning of walls and floors.
- Cleaning of mirrors and windows.
- Cleaning of furniture, appliances, and functional decorative elements.
- Cleaning of any surface or equipment with a high use level.
- The curtains will be cleaned with a vertical steam iron and subsequently sprayed with a hygienic linen cleaning product.
- The clean linen will only be placed after the cleaning and disinfection of the room.
- The dirty linen will be placed in bags prior to depositing them in the cleaning carts.
ACTION RULES TO FACE POSITIVE CASES OF COVID-19 IN THE PERMISES
IDENTIFICATION AND INITIAL INTERVENTION
Faced with the minimum doubt that a customer or employee may suffer symptoms compatible with the COVID-19 disease, this situation must be notified to the premises so that the specific protocol for this situation is applied.
IF AN EMPLOYEE NOTIFIES SYMPTOMS COMPATIBLE WITH THE DISEASE:
- Said employee must be kept in home isolation until the health care services assess his/her situation and determine the measures to be followed.
- We will proceed to the disinfection of the work post and the items in its environment which could have been shared with the employees.
- In the case of a positive confirmation, the premises must notify the closest personal contacts with the risk of infection and they must remain in active monitoring of the symptoms (cough, fever, breathing difficulty, etc.)
IF A HOTEL CUSTOMER NOTIFIES SYMPTOMS COMPATIBLE WITH THE DISEASE:
- Request their isolation in the room until instructions are received from the health care services.
- Notify the situation to the guides in the case that it involves an organized trip.
- Facilitate health care assistance (by telephone or onsite) in the room, in coordination with the guides if required.
- Ensure that there is a medical assessment in relation to the possible case of COVID-19.
- Notify all the hotel departments or tourist accommodations, especially those which may require access to the room (cleaning, maintenance and restaurant/room services), the isolation situation of the room so that the specific action protocols are applied.
- Facilitate the means which the customer may require in relation to the disease: body thermometer, medication.
- As long as there is no negative confirmation, the person shall remain in home isolation and the regulations stipulated by the Ministry of Health for home isolation shall be applied:
- Do not leave the room
- Obey extreme hygiene rules
- Use surgical masks in the presence of other persons in the room
- In the case of a positive confirmation, it is necessary to consider the possibility to transfer the customer to a hospital centre or private residence in the safety conditions stipulated by the health care authorities for these transfer cases. If this is not possible, an action protocol based on the specific case will be established in collaboration with the health care authorities.
- In all cases, we remind that the premises do not have the power to retain a person in the premises or in his/her room against their will. If the customer (confirmed positive or suspected of suffering from COVID-19) is no longer in the premises:
- If possible, lock the room during at least one week.
- Before use, apply the specific cleaning protocol for the cleaning of the room with infected persons.
CLEANING, MAINTENANCE AND FOOD SERVICES
It is not recommended that any employee enter the affected rooms, either for cleaning or the maintenance tasks. In all cases, there must be a register of all the persons who enter or exit the room. The required means will be facilitated to the customers (or caretakers) so that they carry out their own cleaning tasks. When the rooms with infected persons or suspects are accessed, these persons shall be required to use a mask.
CONDITIONING OF THE ACCOMMODATION UNIT
- The affected person must be provided with the necessary means so that he/she can carry out the self-isolation in the best comfort and safety conditions:
In the degree possible, ensure the telephone, internet and TV access for them in the room.
- The room must have natural outdoor ventilation. The AC/Heating systems will be disconnected inside the accommodation unit, regardless if they are central or individual (fan coil) systems.
- The room will be equipped with soap, gel and disinfecting wipes, as well as a rubbish bin with cover and rubbish bags as well as plastic cups.
- The room will be equipped with bleach, paper and cleaning material for the bathroom and other surfaces.
- To facilitate the cleaning and disinfection tasks, it is recommended to remove all the expendable furniture and linen items from the room.
ROOM CLEANING PROCEDURE WITH INFECTED PERSONS OR SUSPECTED CASES
In the case (recommended) that the cleaning is personally done by the guest or caretaker, they will be facilitated with the means and the instructions to perform this task. However at least once a week, the premises’ staff will proceed to clean the accommodation unit, following the protocol described above for the cleaning operations after check-out.
The access by the cleaning staff to the rooms with ill persons or suspected cases will be done in maximum safety conditions against COVID-19:
- Use of disposable or washable protective clothing (robes, gloves, hygienic mask).
- A separation of 2 meters shall be respected with the affected persons
◊ The cleaning cart shall not enter the affected accommodation unit ◊ The proper cleaning and disinfection protocols will be used equivalent to those applied in the customer check-outs.
- All the materials used in the cleaning (cloths, mops, brushes, etc.) shall be disposed or disinfected after use and all the detergent or disinfectant solutions which may have been used will be renewed.
- Likewise, the proper IPE (gloves, hygienic mask, disposable cap and apron) will be used and there will be alcohol-based hand sanitiser available for its use after concluding the task and removing the IPE. And in the case of tasks which cause splashes, glasses or screens (eye protection) and waterproof aprons will be used.
- The disposable Individual Protection Equipment (IPE) will be eliminated in a hygienic way (sealed plastic bag) upon concluding the task; the reusable IPE will be properly disinfected.
- The staff who perform this task must receive additional qualification in this respect.
- Once the affected customer has abandoned the premises:
- After it has been cleaned, the accommodation unit will remain locked for use for at least one week.
- In the case of not being able to comply with this period, we recommend that said unit will be subjected to a professional disinfection by a company expressly authorized for this purpose and which includes the cleaning of the AC/Heating equipment filters.
BEDSHEET AND TOWEL MANAGEMENT
The guest shall place the dirty bedsheets and towels into a plastic bag and seal it so that the premises’ staff may remove it and replace it with clean bedsheets and towels. In the case that the companion or employee is the person who removes these items, they must perform this with gloves, apron and mask and avoid shaking said bedsheets and towels. The premises’ staff in charge of collecting these items will insert them into a second bag identified as contaminated material so that it will be handled by the laundry services with the proper IPE (hygienic mask and gloves). The washing of the laundry will be done in a hot cycle at 60ºC.
The guest shall dispose of waste in rubbish bags (bag 1). To remove them, gloves will be used to seal the bag and place it in a second bag (bag 2) jointly with the gloves and other waste generated in the accommodation unit, which shall be left next to the exit door on the day and at the time agreed with the premises. The premises ‘staff in charge of its collection will handle them with gloves, using a third bag (bag 3) and they will be discard in the waste container.
REPAIRS IN THE ACCOMMODATION UNITS
To access the rooms which require repairs with ill customers who remain inside them, the maintenance staff must be protected with proper use of IPE (mask, robes, and gloves, etc.), which will be discarded when exiting the room and they will wash or disinfect the hands. If the ill person is in the room, a safety distance of two meters will be maintained.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE
- All the customers who remain in their accommodations in isolation conditions due to the risk of infection shall be provide a food / beverage service taking into account:
- That the food, deposited on a tray on a cart shall be left outside the accommodation and the customer will be notified to collect it (the cart must not enter). When the customer finishes, he/she must leave the items outside the room.
- The dirty tableware and tray shall be handled with gloves, (which will be discarded after their use) and said items will be washed in a dishwasher.
RULES FOR THE COMPANION PERSON
In the case that the affected person coexists with another person in the same accommodation unit (companion), this person will be declared to be a “close contact” and the following rules shall be applied:
- If the room is not equipped with separate bedrooms and bathrooms, in the degree possible, an alternative accommodation unit will be offered to this caretaker person, as close as possible to the first unit.
- In the degree possible, the companion must remain self-isolated. If said person exits, he/she must use a mask.
- The companion will be provided the rules for the home COVID-19 management from the Ministry of Health in their language.